FAQSSearch our frequently asked questions or browse by category below
- How do I update my address or account information?
Follow these instructions to change the email address that is associated with your MySouthco account:
- Login to your MySouthco account
- Click "My Southco" at the bottom of the page
- Click "Profile" ...
- How do I log in?
Follow these instructions to login to your MySouthco account:
- Click the person icon in the top right of the website header
- Enter your email address and password associated with your account
- Is my username or password case sensitive?
The password field is case sensitive so please make sure you are using the correct case for each letter. However, usernames/email addresses are not case sensitive.
- Can I have my username or password sent to me if I forgot them?
If you have forgotten your account password you can have a link sent to the email address associated with your Southco account. If you do not know the email address associated with your Southco account, contact Southco Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org...
- Are there any benefits to having an online account?
Creating an online account is fast and easy. Upon registering, having an account will allow you to save your account information like your address and payment methods to make quick checkouts. An account also gives you the ability to view and track orders,...
- I am not receiving the password reset email?
Follow these instructions if you are not receiving the password reset email:
- Check the spam folder of your inbox
- If the reset email is not there please add email@example.com as a contact to your addres...
- The dimensions on the drawing are not what I expected.
All dimensions without tolerances are for reference purposes only. The purpose of the dimensions are to provide an approximation, as well as installation guidelines (where applicable). Please contact us and we will find a suitable solution for the issue.
- The product drawing does not contain a specific dimension for a component.
Part details that are not critical to installation and performance are sometimes omitted in favor of more principal dimensions.
- The product drawing I want to view is unavailable.
- Why can't I find the part I'm searching for?
All Southco part numbers contain a varying combination of numbers, letters and dashes. In order to display the specific product page, the dashes must be entered in the proper places.
- What is the structure of a Southco part number?
All Southco part numbers begin with a 2-character Product Class, which identifies the product category. The Product Class is always followed by a dash. There can be up to 16 characters (including dashes) after the Product Class, and can contain numbers...
- If you are unable to find the exact part number after searching:
Try entering the 2-character Product Class name only. This will bring you to the landing page for that category, where you can then filter part numbers according to their product characteristics.
- I have an obsolete DZUS or Hartwell-DZUS part number, how can I find the Southco equivalent?
- My CAD file has no features to manipulate.
Due to the translation process, no features/mates are retained. CAD Library Files are designed to demonstrate the form and fit of our products.
- The file I downloaded is not coming in as a complete solid.
If you experience an error in a CAD model you have downloaded, we recommend importing a more generic file type into your CAD software (*.STEP, *.x_t).
- The CAD file I want to view is unavailable.
Please reference our Part Number Search Guidelines to verify the part number. Before concluding that the CAD file you need is not available, please be sure that you have entered a valid Southco part number. We recommend you read our Part Number Search ...
- UL Flammability Ratings
For many of our plastic products, UL94 flammability rating is an important customer specification. It should be noted that when UL94 ratings are claimed, the rating belongs to the raw material as opposed to the product itself. For UL94 flammability certif...
- MSDS Information
Southco is a provider of finished products; therefore, we do not provide Material Safety Data Sheets of our products. We do, however, employ all reasonable methods to ensure our parts are compliant with respect to various environmental compliance directiv...
- NEMA and IP Standards
It should be noted that NEMA/IP waterproof tests are performed on unique end-applications. When Southco reports that a product is suitable for a NEMA 4/IP65, it is to say that specific product (or series of products) has been used in NEMA 4/IP65 approved ...
The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause states that "any specialty metals incorporated in items delivered under this contract shall be melted or produced in the United States, its outlying areas or a qualifying country." DF...
- Performance Guidelines
Southco designs and manufactures a broad range of products for general industry applications. Because every application cannot be anticipated, users must test potential product solutions under the actual application conditions and environment to determ...