5T - Heat Sink Captive Screws
Maintain consistent mechanical fastening and optimize heat-transfer performance between microprocessor and heat sink assemblies. Southco 5T Heat Sink Screws are designed to compensate for less-than-perfect alignment between microprocessor and circuit board and to allow for thermal expansion.
A captive spring-loaded design helps maintain a positive mechanical connection with a set preload, even under conditions of shock, vibration, and thermal expansion.
- Design adjusts to minor inconsistencies or non-planar condition between top surface of chip and PC board
- A positive stop sets the preload up to a maximum of 5 lbf.
- Captivated spring and screw prevent lost hardware or damage to circuit boards
- Flare in captivation style compatible with most heat sink materials from 1.5 mm (.058") to 3.2 mm (.126")
- Multiple thread sizes – M3. M3.5. 4-40, 6-32
- Multiple screw lengths accommodate various standoff dimensions and PC board inserts
- Special installation tools are available for flaring standoffs. Order according to thread size