N7 - Captive Nuts
Speed-up panel replacement, and take advantage of captive fastening even with screw-side panels using threaded studs. Large knurled knob design allows for quick and easy fastening and enables user to control amount of torque applied.
These captive nuts are press-fit into a clean round hole on the panel to provide permanent retention of the nut. Panels lay over protruding studs and captive nuts are tightened down.
- Quickly fastens panel to externally threaded studs
- Hand-operable knurled knob provides solid grip
- Concealed ejection-spring design enables nut to "pop-up" when fully detached from threaded stud
- Provides for easy alignment with multiple fasteners
- Through-hole version is grip tolerant, permits threaded stud to pass fully through depth of nut
- Blind hole version provides a more finished appearance, where stud length is contained within the body of the nut
- Available in nine metric/Imperial thread sizes to suit a wide range of installations
- Both versions available in bright finish
- Black powder coated finish available with blind-hole version only
- For use in materials with hardnesses of RB85 or less, such as low-carbon steels that are half hard or softer, stainless steels in the annealed condition, or aluminum
To search for a product certifications by part number, click here:Product Certifications